Lease agreement breached by a tenant

You are here : Member Forums Other Lease agreement breached by a tenant
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
I live in a flat (converted house with leasehold) and have issues with my upstairs neighbour as they have hard flooring, a dog & a large dog grooming van parked & cleaned/maintained on the drive (outside my bedroom window). The lease, as far as I can determine, bans hard flooring, dogs, the running of a business & vehicles weighing 3.5 tons or more.

The leaseholder has ignored all contact despite my setting out my concerns, and the probability that the building insurance is invalidated due to business activities (far exceeding mere admin).

I cannot see how I can ask my neighbour to get rid of their flooring, dog & business - or imagine for a second they would do anything without a big fight (I complained about the dog & they were dismissive).

I now want a judge to order them to comply with the lease, without the disinterested leaseholder being involved. What court do I approach? I'm not after money, I want action & for my family to once again live in peace but cannot find any advice on what steps to take next.

Is using a solicitor my best choice (even with a quote of 700+ just to read the lease agreement), or can I go it alone?
12/03/2014 11:13

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions