Landlord obligation when property uninhabitable due to flood

You are here : Member Forums Other Landlord obligation when property uninhabitable due to flood
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
nigeb
20 Posts
4 Thanks
A flat I manage (ground floor) has been flooded due to a burst "the wrong side of the stop tap" This resulted in 9" of standing water before fire brigade arrived together with water company to isolate the supply. Landlord insurance is in place. The tenant has no insurance. What is the minimum requirement placed on the Landlord? The tenant is asking for full board Dinner bed and breakfast at local hotel plus payment of clothes cleaning bills. (Food because no cooking facility) The flood happened 4 days ago and they are in hotel full board. Loss adjuster is awaited and insurance co say unable to answer my queries. The hotel is full this weekend so I've arranged for B&B 1/4 mile away. They are refusing to go there as they say it's too far away. What is the legal position? They moved in only 1 month ago on 6 month AST. Also what is the position on their damaged goods? Any experienced/definitive advice rather than speculation would be very much appreciated. Many thanks.
This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
26/03/2014 21:09

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband