Date on Deed of Guarantee

You are here : Member Forums Guarantor Date on Deed of Guarantee
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
L
LesleyJ
5 Posts
0 Thanks
I see from a previous post that on the Deed of Guarantee the date in Clause 1. (“the Property”) upon the terms of the Agreement, dated:. - can be the date when the tenancy starts, not when the AST Agreement is signed, is this correct? and again on page 2 of said document "I acknowledge that I have received a copy of the tenancy agreement dated: "
I have been inserting on the Deed of Guarantee the date the tenancy starts and have sent this by post to the Guarantors home address with a copy of the completed but unsigned AST Agreement, then once I have received the Deed of Guarantee back duly signed and witnessed, then have arranged to meet with the Tenants and sign the AST Agreement, after which sending copies to all Guarantors. Is this procedure accetable? As the previous post stated I did not want the danger of not getting the Guarantors to sign the Deed of Guarantee once Tenants had signed AST Agreement.

Also should there not be a cluase in the AST Agreement about the Guarantors, the standard RLA DepositGuard AST Agreement does not allow you to insert any additional clauses. Should there be a AST Agreement which includes the Guarantors or is the Deed of Guarantee sufficient?

Sorry about all the questions.
Hope someone can help.

Many thanks.
27/03/2014 15:34

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband