Why cant the 'Authorities' help........

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Why cant the 'Authorities' help........
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
E
Elite Property Services
9 Posts
1 Thanks
I have had an incident where a housing benefit tenant has gone 3 months into arrears with her rent. I went to the offices of the 'Housing Benefit' for Anglesey County Council and asked if I could now have the benefit paid directly into my account as per legislation. I was told by the 'unhelpful' supervisor, that she couldn't talk about the case because she was acting for the claimant - despite asking her for her assistance - she continued saying the same thing. Surely, this system needs changing it is so unfair that Landlords have to go 2 months into arrears with their tenants to then be told by the benefits department that they cant speak because of 'data protection......', where does common sense come into this. No doubt it will end up with Landlords not renting their properties to tenants claiming Housing Benefit, which will put pressure on local authorities needing to build more social houses, when they haven't got the funds available. So surely authorities should work with their Landlords rather than make life difficult ........ is this a wide spread situation ?
28/03/2014 12:16

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband