Tenant over two months in arrears.

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Tenant over two months in arrears.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
Jedi
32 Posts
0 Thanks
Our property is rented out to a tenant who is in receipt of Housing Benefit which is paid directly to the tenant every four weeks as far as we know.

The Fixed Term Tenancy started on the 6th of January 2014 and rent is payable monthly.
The agreement ststes that the rent will be paid directly into my bank account and the tenant agreed to this. We have received two part payments of rent but not the full amount.

The tenant is now more than two months in arrears and we are struggling to make contact with them at the moment.

Should we issue a Section 21b tomorrow and if so what date should we state for requiring possession?. Issuing the 21b tomorrow will give more than the required two months notice but I want to make sure that the date is correct. I was going to state the 5th of July but should it be the 6th or 7th of July.

Should we also go down the section 8 route on the basis that the rent is in arrears of more than two months.

Which would give us the best guarantee of getting possession?.

Thank You
01/05/2014 18:10

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband