Tenant wants extension for 3days

You are here : Member Forums Other Tenant wants extension for 3days
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
ROE
587 Posts
72 Thanks
I have two friends sharing my property. For reasons I will discuss here till only after they move out, I strongly suspect the agent did not vet them properly before they moved in. I decided to vet them myself before extending their tenancy. The agent tried to dissuade me from doing that, but I stuck to my guns. The tenants then claimed they could not give me their bank details for some weird reasons though they have mine.They then came up with all sorts of excuses why they will need to move out.

They are now asking me if they could stay a few days longer since their new place will not be vacant by the end of their tenancy here. The one who made the request seemed genuine. I still know very little about him. My gut feeling tells me not to agree to that as by human nature they may not keep to their word. I am not sure if they will be honest to move when the time comes. I am thinking what if the place they are counting on is not vacant by then?

Though my mind tells me not to agree to their request,
1. Do I give them a contract for the few days if they stay on?
2. What are my chances if I then need to evict them should their new place fall through?

I Would be grateful for advice. They need an answer soon.

04/05/2014 08:49

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband