PROPERTY ABANDONED. LEFT FULL OF FURNITURE, RUBBISH & BELONGINGS

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion PROPERTY ABANDONED. LEFT FULL OF FURNITURE, RUBBISH & BELONGINGS
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mellors500
63 Posts
1 Thanks
After one missed rent I contacted tenant to no avail then sent a letter, no response. I went around to property and realised it was vacant but when I entered it was a stinking filthy mess with possessions, washing up, toys. Worse was a jug of a yellow liquid on the bedside table (the bathroom is not on the same floor). Her TV and appliances have gone. I haven't touched any of this as I realise I have a duty of care for these items. I served notice to the empty house one month ago under Section 8 as she is now 2 months in arrears. I am intending to catch the tenant if I can at her children's school to sign a paper admitting she has left and allowing us to empty the property. Anyone got any ideas on what my course of action is - I am hoping to start clearing out soon.
19/05/2014 20:56

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband