Legal Challenge

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Legal Challenge
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
C
Chris_320
30 Posts
0 Thanks
I am due in court next week as a Solicitor has challenged our agreement with a former Client, we operate Hostel type accommodation and prospective Clients sign a fixed term licence agreement, we vacated a Client immediately due to a very serious breach of his licence conditions and endangering the lives of others in the property.
The Solicitor has obtained a interim injunction forcing me to reinstate the Clientwhich we couldnt as we had no room but are paying Hotel accommodation for him until the next hearing.
Her argument here is that the Client had a weekly periodic or Assured shorthld tenancy and therfore I should have gained a order via the courts our position is our fixed term licence agreement has a start date and a end date and is exempt from protection of eviction.
please advise can a fixed term licence agreement be argured that it is fact a assurred tenancy.
23/01/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband