ABANDONED PROPERTY FULL OF TENANTS' BELONGINGS

You are here : Member Forums Access ABANDONED PROPERTY FULL OF TENANTS' BELONGINGS
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mellors500
63 Posts
1 Thanks
I visited a tenant who was approaching 2 months rent arrears and wasn't answering my calls and after two or 3 visits realised the house was abandoned with a huge amount of tenants' property & rubbish still remaining. There are a couple of sofas and random bits of very dilapidated furniture and the place absolutely stinks and looks like it's not been cleaned for months. In fact there is a very suspicious jug of yellow liquid on a bedside table! According to Council who I contacted the tenant switched her LHA to a new property in Mid March. I posted notices inside the property and also left a Section 8 notice. I can see there has been no return to the property since mid March and would like to have a skip installed to start loading all the rubbish and debris left in the property. She has removed TVs, beds and kitchen appliances but there is still food in the cupboards and clothes and toys strewn over the floors. I have made enquiries at the school but they won't give her a message. Any suggestions what I can do next?
28/05/2014 16:30

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband