Fire and CO detection

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Fire and CO detection
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
C
CCRacer
106 Posts
24 Thanks
A little while ago some healthy banter around smoke and fire detection took place here >> http://www.rla.org.uk/forums/topic.shtml?topic=25385&zoom_highlight=smoke+detectors <<. It was very obvious that some landlords haven't got a clue about the topic and I elaborated the point including recent some cases of note.

Fire safety isn't difficult and you don't need qualifications in it (though you can if you want to) to compile a competent risk assessment and the requirements that it will highlight to you. Reading the LACORS fire safety guidance manual is slightly in depth but reasonably easy to follow.

Another method I've just discovered is here >> www.aico.co.uk <<. I've used Aico detectors in many properties both hard wired and radio linked and they are great. They've just updated their website with a very helpful guide built into it for all sorts of detection including CO types. They also send out a landlords booklet which is smoke detection at the front and CO detection at the back. Great information in a simple format for those that don't fully understand or are finding it difficult.
This member has been thanked by 3 members for this post.
31/05/2014 10:01

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband