Rent Arrears - way forward

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Rent Arrears - way forward
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Ollie
5 Posts
0 Thanks
I'm a small time landlord with a slowly increasing portfolio of 4 properties. In the last 8 years of letting these out I have never had an issue with a tenant, so I'm new to this side of being a landlord.

Currently I have a tenant (family of 3) who hasn't paid rent since January. We've spoken several times on the phone and they are in some financial difficulty and they are seemingly decent enough people, hence the reason I've allowed them some time to sort this out. However, I can't let it continue any longer.

I'm pondering the best way to progress to regain possession of my property and then to re-let it in the shortest timeframe. I did wonder about saying to them that I'll give them until next weekend to get out and leave the place in a decent condition and that I won't then pursue them through the courts. This would give me my property back fast and keep their credit record clean.

Any thoughts? - thanks in advance
04/06/2014 11:48

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband