Bills and letters still coming in ex-tenants name (and fake names)

You are here : Member Forums Other Bills and letters still coming in ex-tenants name (and fake names)
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
D
Dino_250
46 Posts
0 Thanks
My tenants left late 2013. However, they have not re-directed mail, and I am still getting lots of letters from several companies (utilities, banks etc) that look like bills etc. Apparently bailiffs came to the door, and the new tenants opened it, and explained it was nothing to do with them. Legally I am not allowed to open the letters, so i return to sender saying 'does not live at this address'. however, the letters still come, and sometimes even in 'other' peoples'names, which i think the previous tenants made up before they left. However, I know where they live, as they told one of the neighbours when they moved. But under data protection, I don't think I can communicate this information onto utility/banks etc. Where do i stand on this, and will my rental property address be blacklisted? Any advice appreciated!
23/06/2014 20:13

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband