3 houses' rain water disappearing into my garden

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance 3 houses' rain water disappearing into my garden
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
MarkBargain
6 Posts
1 Thanks
The water from the guttering of three terrace houses flows down my downpipe, under my garden, under the pavement, and into the street where it flows into a public drain. That's the theory anyway, as the water is going in but not coming out! I guess it is seeping into the ground, which could cause damp issues. Initial attempts to unblock is lead us to think the pipe is broken.

Where to start...

1) Is it my responsibility to fix (and to pay 100% of the cost) even though I am taking neighbours' rainwater?
2) Is it best to contact the water board or a plumber to begin with? If the garden has to be dug up and new pipes installed, I guess that is a job for the water board who will charge me?
3) If the pipe is broken under the public street, is that the water board's problem to fix? What if the broken pipe spans from my garden to the public drain?
4) Is standard landlord insurance likely to cover this?

Any thoughts welcome!
25/06/2014 10:46

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband