Landlord responsible for tennant's and their visitors behaviour.

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Landlord responsible for tennant's and their visitors behaviour.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
D
Daz
13 Posts
0 Thanks
hi there,

I received a letter from Leeds City Council stateing that I (the landlord) am ressponsible for the behaviour of my tennants and of their visitors. They claim to have received complaints about one of my tennants and that I was to enforce the elements of the tennancy agreement which deals with anti-social behaviour immediately to address the situation. I use the RLA AST .

Can you tell me if this legislation came in unknown to me. Last I heard it was abandoned because of it's stupidity.

I would like to evict this tennant if their alledged behaviour can be proven but how can i do that. neighbours have had a long term gripe about a rented property in their street. futhermore this tennant in question has created an overpayment which is being deducted at £5 per week from tennants LHA. I have been receiving direct payments for this tennant. If they leave the council has informed me they will invoice me for the outstanding amount of the overpayment (original amount£1,000). I received the letter informing me and of my right to appeal 23 days later than the date on the letter. I appealed anyways even though it was outside the time limit. I would have to spend a lot of administration time sending complaints about everything LCC gets wrong.

12/05/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband