tenant leaving during fixed term claiming house is damp

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance tenant leaving during fixed term claiming house is damp
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
nice guy
241 Posts
27 Thanks
I got an e mail yesterday from a tenant giving me one month "notice" that she will vacate the house after month 4 of a 6 month ast because she has found a better house which is too good an opportunity to miss. She then lists 2 reasons why my house is unsuitable ; she feels unsafe after an attempted burglary and damp is spreading in the kitchen. My last maintenance inspection was March when no damp was raised. A phone call today suggests she is going to try and escalate the damp issue if i try and hold her or her guarantor to her obligations
I would struggle to take the house back in August as i am on holiday. Should I be worried about taking this before a county court? She has only raised the accusation of damp in the context of an excuse for cutting short the tenancy. she has given me no chance to put it right.
02/07/2014 22:10

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband