Tenancy Deposit Tenant moved from property into another.

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Tenancy Deposit Tenant moved from property into another.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
D
Darrelb
3 Posts
0 Thanks
Hello

I was wondering if anybody on here could help with an issue with Deposits and the DPS, this is a long story and I will try to include every that I can.

We let out a Flat to a couple, they Paid the Deposit 500.00, this is secured with the DPS, after 2 Months we had another property of ours become vacant, The Couple had a look at the property and decided that this better suited their needs and decided to move from the Flat into the New Property, Since they have moved In, I have contacted the DPS about transferring The Deposit to the New Property, in which they replied No, and I would have to complete a JDR, ( Joint Deposit Repayment Form ) As I Secured the Deposit online, I completed the JDR online, then Tenant never responed to the request from the DPS, So I sent the Tenant an Email to advise about Responding to the Email form the DPS, I later spoke to the Tanant who said that they did not have internet access, So i telephoned the DPS to request to request a Form be sent, the form came and I spoke to the Tanant, as he didn't know his I.D number, I filled in the form and left it with them and they said they will fill it in and send it back. Since then nothing has come from this and the Deposit is still secured under the Flat and not the new property.

Any help or advice will be very grateful.
07/07/2014 17:46

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband