Utilities Service charge

You are here : Member Forums Other Utilities Service charge
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Being bullied at the minute by a company called BES utilities, who have sent us an invoice for nearly 800.00 for a deemed premium rate standard daily electricity charge of 1.50 per day times 442 days plus Vat. It appears our previous tenant entered into an agreement with this provider , un-beknown to us as landlords, and then left just over a year ago. we were not aware of any bill being due until this BES company contacted us recently and told us that as the property was now empty that could put us on a special landlords tariff of 0.80p per day. I questioned this rate and informed them that our average daily rate across our portfolio is between 0.18 and 0.23 pence per day with some utility companies even doing a zero rate. The following week we then received this bill. I have spoken to these charlatans a number of times and explained that as Landlords we gave no authority for anyone to negotiate a utility rate for our property and we are not in any contract, however they are pursuing us vigorously. I have asked about this company on social media (martin Lewis) and the feedback is that this is a standard scam of theirs apparently they are hiding behind some tech red tape. Can you advise
08/07/2014 13:18

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband