Clearing electrical cupboard after a fire risk assessment

You are here : Member Forums Other Clearing electrical cupboard after a fire risk assessment
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
moguloilman
2 Posts
1 Thanks
We are the owners of one flat in a block of 8. Although the flat owners do not own the freehold, we do have the rights and obligations of running the property. I recently took over the responsibility of managing the managing agents when the previously responsible owner sold his flat. We have a good tenant in our flat.

A fire risk assessment of the common areas identified some shortcomings, one of which was a considerable amount of material stored in the electrical cupboard adjacent to the main entrance. I have instructed the managing agent to inform all owners and tenants to clear any material that they have stored there.

The owner of one of the flats (who has a long standing tenant) has previously strongly resisted removing her (the owner's) belongings from this cupboard. In fact the fire risk assessment was done one year ago prior to our purchase of our flat and her opposition seems to have been sufficient to have stalled any activity. I have followed up with her but have yet to receive a response.

I would appreciate advice on what is due process on issuing written warnings and ultimately removing the offending material. Thank you.
This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
08/07/2014 14:59

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband