Tenants that don't chase deposit

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Tenants that don't chase deposit
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
W
Wilma
4 Posts
0 Thanks
I have tenants who behaved badly when it came to them moving out, it took four months for them to move, a month over their scheduled move out date. They have moved only a few doors from my property.

They received the check out report, photos and quotes for repairs which came to 100 less than their deposit four days after they moved out on 2nd June. To this day the tenants have not confirmed they are happy or unhappy with the report etc, we have had a wall of silence. A solicitor has called my agent a few weeks ago claiming to represent the tenants asking about their deposit. The agent outlined the deposit scheme processes and that the tenants need to follow it by putting in a dispute. As far as we are aware the tenants still have not done so and it's now five weeks since them moved out.

Also I find it odd that they haven't done anything as they were demanding their deposit back from the agent whilst the check out inspection was in progress - so why not chase it now?!

There has been nothing but silence from them. I understand they have three months to lodge a dispute, we are nearly half way through this period and nothing but silence.

Has anyone else had this kind of experience?

Thanks
W

08/07/2014 17:09

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband