How do I re-establish residential occupation in a bungalow that has been empty for 15 years?

You are here : Member Forums Other How do I re-establish residential occupation in a bungalow that has been empty for 15 years?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
B
Bogart
1 Posts
0 Thanks
I inherited a mixed used residential and industrial site 4 years ago. It is a former army base located in the countryside. On it there are three occupied residential properties, all of which are registered with the local council for council tax. There are a number of industrial units, all of which are registered for business rates

There is a fourth residential property adjacent to the other three that has been unoccupied for about 15 years. It is not visible from the public road so no-one would know it is there. Prior to this it had residential occupation for over 40 years - the neighbours are long term residents and remember this place when it was occupied by a family. No council tax bills arrive and the local authority is seemingly unaware of its existence!. It still has an electric meter and is connected to water. It looks like a bungalow, has fireplace, windows, roof etc.

Does anyone know how to start getting this up and running as on occupied resi dwelling again pls ?

Thanks
14/07/2014 16:40

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions