What is the best option to regain possession

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 What is the best option to regain possession
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mr EffCee
2 Posts
0 Thanks
My tenant and her four children began the tenancy agreement on 28 April 2014 for one year.

Two days later her boyfriend started turning up and is now subsequently living living there. I questioned her about it and she said she was "giving it another go" but was not sure if she wanted him on the rent agreement yet.

The problem is that her boyfriend is verbally abusive to the children and swears constantly. I live next door so I have heard this first hand and it is a daily occurrence.

So far no neighbours have complained to me but this behaviour is just not acceptable and I want to ask them to leave and regain possession of my property .

I would rather it be dealt with calmly and without getting personal (e.g I do not want to have to mention the boyfriends behaviour as this will just provoke him and I do have to live next door!)

I issued the RLA Assured Short term tenancy agreement to her and her deposit is protected. What is my best option?

21/07/2014 14:01

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband