Selective Licensing - Gainsborough, Lincs - Calling all Landlords in the area!!!

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Selective Licensing - Gainsborough, Lincs - Calling all Landlords in the area!!!
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Anna 123
1 Posts
0 Thanks
West Lindsey District Council are holding a consultation period during which they are holding forums to discuss the proposals and get feedback on Selective Licensing. I have a few properties in the area they are looking at licensing and would love to hear from other landlords in the area. It is REALLY IMPORTANT that any landlords in this area contact me so we can stand together against this proposal.
I have spent a lot of time reading and researching the proposal and it looks as though it is "cut and pasted" from other proposals. The statistics they are using are misleading ( not benchmarked against similar areas as required by the Housing Act 2004) and I cannot see how this licensing can help improve the area designated. One of the main reasons selective licensing is being proposed is due to antisocial behaviour in the area. I firmly do not believe the problems stem mainly from tenants of private landlords and the council has no statistics to show what sector the problems come from - but are want to use licensing to push the onus on landlords. The biggest problems I have experienced have come from tenants who are in properties rented by ACIS (affordable housing group). For example a tenant who I had to have evicted via the courts ended up being rehoused in the same street - who then kept coming back and breaking windows.
I would also welcome any feedback from other landlords who have gone through this consultation and challenged it.
Many thanks
24/07/2014 19:44

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband