Nuisance next door council tenants!

You are here : Member Forums Other Nuisance next door council tenants!
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Andrea_932
19 Posts
1 Thanks
Our tenant has had an unreasonable complaint from the next door neighbour (on the other side of the semi detached house.) She was confronted by the neighbour yesterday saying that she can't stand the sound of my tenant's alarm clock going off in the morning, that my tenant's bedroom wardrobes creak when she opens them ( the alarm clock is just on my tenants iPhone), the neighbour said her and her husband like to sleep in until late and that this wakes them up (it would appear that neither of them work.) My tenant explained to her that she works full time as does my tenants son so unfortunately there is nothing she can do about this, the neighbour then stated that she is telling my tenant this before her husband gets a hold of her.

This neighbour is a council tenant. We are aware that these neighbours have been unreasonable in the past (e.g. stating that our late 93 year old mother was making loud noises in the house through the night etc. As we were not aware what these people were like then we ended up arranging for our late mother to go into a care home. They have also complained about another family we had staying there subsequently for a week. Interestingly the neighbours never complained regarding the 3 month refurbishment carried out at the property late last year. Also interestingly, on completion of the works the neighbour wanted to rent the property for her own daughter.

We are not willing to tolerate the neighbours unreasonable behaviour and are especially concerned regarding the threatening language used towards our tenant. Our tenant has signed a fixed term contract until next March. Would you advise that we contact the council to complain directly to them regarding their tenants unreasonable behaviour? Any other advice would be much appreciated.
31/07/2014 21:27

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband