Termination of Tenancy

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Termination of Tenancy
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
Roma
8 Posts
0 Thanks
I'd like clarification on Termination of an AST please.
AST is for 12 months from 1st December 2013. The Agreement states that the AST can only be terminated by either party giving to the other at least 2 months' notice in writing to expire at any time after month 2 of the Agreement. Does this mean that I could have given notice any time after 31st January 2014 OR does it mean that I have to wait until 2 months before the fixed term expires i.e. 30th September 2014? If the former is the case then what is the point of including that clause in the Agreement? It is a Letting Agent's Agreement, by the way. If I can't get the Tenant out before the end of the fixed term I want to be certain that Tenant (who is trashing the property and has broken many of the terms including late payment of rent)does move out on the last day of the Term. What would be the best procedure to ensure this? Many thanks for any help. OXPROP
10/08/2014 12:42

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband