uunder part 1 of the Housing Act 1988 as amended under Part III of the Housing Act 1996

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management uunder part 1 of the Housing Act 1988 as amended under Part III of the Housing Act 1996
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
jer
17 Posts
0 Thanks
We have individual agreements in our 5 bed student house. One student, who lived in the same houe ( but changing rooms) has signed an agreement for this next acadeic year, starting 1st September 2014. She has written to us to give notice that she does not need the roomthis year after all ( She has falen out with three of friednds who are staying on. We have no break clause. However she is stating that as the aggreement states - see Title - we are duty bound to let her go, as in that act it is stated that she can give notice.

(She has not moved in her belongings nor paid any rent, so I rather think she can get out of the agreement from this - but this has not been said to her, neither is she using that as the excuse.)

We hope to relet the room soon anyway; however we were looking for her to pay any of the 'void rent. I also wish to charge a 'Termination of Agreement' fee. What are your thoughts and comments poease.

If she is correct, then I wish to change my sgreements - I thought they were fixed 10 or 12 month agreements as there is no break clause
02/09/2014 20:03

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband