disputing "default" court costs

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears disputing "default" court costs
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mark gibby
19 Posts
0 Thanks
due to a very protracted eviction/counterclaim case that took 2.5 years to resolve (long after the tenants voluntarily left) it has ended up with judgement in my favour due to ex tenants not filing/attending court BUT with myself having three months earlier having their legal costs of 2384.96 awarded against me because i missed the 14 day window they give you to object to any of the costs. these costs were pursued by there legal representatives as they had long ago ceased to be represented (im sure due to their case weakening)
So i am left with the situation having been awarded judgement for the arrears (which of course i will never see) but three months or so earlier having their legal costs awarded against me..
i am hoping that this is a mix up due to the very protracted length of the case (over 2.5 years..) can this really happen? or should i contact the court and say that notwithstanding that i missed the 14 day window i have been awarded judgement in this case?
any advice would be much appreciated
thank you
Marh Gibby
RLA member

05/09/2014 12:49

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband