Rent Arrears and Seeking Possession

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Rent Arrears and Seeking Possession
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
3 Posts
0 Thanks
I have had my current tenant for approximately one year. Per our agreed contract, her obligated rent was 1,400.00 Pounds. As part of my tenant's new contract for this year, I reduced the total rent by 130.00 Pounds in order for her to stay another year and ensure that her rent payments was managable. We made an agreement in good faith that her rent payments and deposit for this year's new contract cycle should have been paid on the 26th of August. I left for vacation to the United States on the 18th of August and informed my tenant that my niece would represent me in my absence. To date, my tenant has not paid her rent, her deposit nor the 30 Pounds charge that was stipulated in the contract we agreed upon. She is now claiming that she was in hospital even though she was only admitted on the 5th of September. Again, rent was due on the 26th of August. Her family member has also been verbally abusive to my niece when she has tried to rectify the situation. Because I have entered into this situation in good faith and tried my best to treat this tenant as fairly as possible, can I terminate this contract since she has not made any payments to date as stipulated in our new contract? Secondly, what is the process to seek possession of my property when I get back to London on the 11th of October in light of this situation? Thank you for any advice you can provide.
08/09/2014 16:40

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband