Section 21

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
Jedi
32 Posts
0 Thanks
The tenancy agreement started on the 6th of January 2014.

The tenant at the time was entitled to housing benefit.

The tenancy agreement was initially for 6 months then it turned into a rolling one month contract.

The tenant has recently started work so her housing benefits have stopped and she wants the local authority to re-house her into a smaller more affordable accommodation. The local authority is reluctant to find alternative accommodation unless I take steps to get the tenant to move out.

Am I right in thinking that if I issued the section 21 b notice on the 6th of January 2014 then I could take steps to get her to leave any time after the 6th of July 2014?.

The tenant wants me to write a letter to her stating that I want possession of the house by the 6th of October 2014.

Do I need to fill in any other forms to present to the tenant or should I provide a letter asking her to leave?.

What would be the easiest and fastest way to regain possession and ensure that the local authority will re house the tenant?.

Thank You

15/09/2014 12:35

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband