Newham Council (additional Licencing)

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Newham Council (additional Licencing)
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
john_541
641 Posts
143 Thanks
It appears that I have to apply for an additional licence for a 2 story (4 bed)house in Newham which I have rented to 4 sharers all on the same AST agreement for many years and usually if one moves out the remaining sharers find some one else and I take up their references and if they are ok then we have a new agreement again a joint and several AST agreement.

At the time I applied for the Licence on this property I was about to go into hospital for an operation and I was very busy trying to clear the decks and because the Council website was down I sent the application forms to the council and foolishly did not keep a record but I thought at the time I had applied for the correct Licence because I checked this with the Council a few weeks before. However I do not have any proof of this.
I now find that I have to write to them explain the situation and apply for an additional licence and hope that I do not get fined in the process.

The property has interlinking smoke alarms, fire blanked and a small fire extinguisher in the kitchen
But no fire doors etc
I would be grateful for any advice on this subject or anything else that might be useful regarding additional licencing in Newham.

Many Thanks

17/09/2014 10:44

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions