Can I re-possess the property

You are here : Member Forums Access Can I re-possess the property
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
A tenant appears to have moved out of the property that she has been letting from me. The tenant did say that she would be moving out over the weekend and my external inspection of the property on the following Monday morning seems to confirm this.

To add credence to this my conversation with housing benefit has also confirmed that the tenant's claim for housing benefit has stopped at my property and it has begun at a new address.

Despite all this the tenant has texted me to say she still has a few "personal" things in the house.

The tenant has also changed the locks on the front door of the property.

My question is this. Can I regain possession of the property? The tenant is clearly trying to delay my re-possession for no good reason. A visual inspection into both front and rear windows clearly shows that the property has been abandoned and all furnishings has been removed. The council has confirmed that her claim has moved to another address and in their own words as far as they are concerned she has moved. Can this tenant claim that she is still occupying my property and also another at the same time?

Your answers please.
13/10/2014 18:11

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband