Boiler Leak / Allow access for maintenance work

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance Boiler Leak / Allow access for maintenance work
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
sunlight79
2 Posts
0 Thanks
At the begining of the year I had a new boiler installed under the goverments agreement with the big energy suppliers. It was checked under the Gas safety contract in the last 2 weeks by British Gas and declared unsafe due to a electrical fault. The tenant was told not to use the boiler and the british gas electrician was booked to complete the maintainance required. The electrican inspected the boiler and said there was nothing wrong with it, however I told the tenant that until it has had the gas safety certified not to use it. Against my direction the tenant has turned the boiler on and gone away for the weekend and on thier return has found it leaking.
I would like your advice on the following issues:
Who is liable for the damage as they were told that until it was certifed safe not to turn it on?
Through the British Gas Landlord homecare plan the tenant can make appointments direct. My tenant has not been proactive in making these appointments saying they are busy. They seem to thinks it is not thier responsibility to insure that they or someone else the have arranged should be there to allow maintanince to be carried out?
I currently use the RLA tenancy aggreement and would appritiate your thoughts and advice.

21/10/2014 09:27

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband