Acting on behalf of the freeholder aka landlord

You are here : Member Forums Other Acting on behalf of the freeholder aka landlord
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
MartinW
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi folks

I've just bought my first BTL apartment in Manchester.

Essentially the company responsible management of the property (the people I pay the service charge too to cover building insurance, repairs and maintenance)is saying that in order to transfer the details from the old owner to me I need to do/pay the following.

6. NOTICES OF ASSIGNMENT AND CHARGE
Notices of assignment and charge must be served on the freeholder (landlord) and the management company in accordance with the lease. We shall receipt and return duplicate Notices on behalf of the management company* upon payment of the fee to us of 91.79 inc VAT

*I assumed they were the management company.

8. RESTRICTION ON THE PROPRIETORSHIP REGISTER
E) a cheque in the sum of 87.79 Inc VAT made payable to us in discharge of our administration fee for dealing with the certificate.

So 179.58 in total for that management company.

The thing is I pay the ground rent to another company (who act on behalf of Adriatic Land 2 Ltd who by all accounts are the landlord)and in order to the previous owners details swapped to mine they are saying:

'You are correct that we are still waiting for the documents Notice of Transfer and Notice of Charge together with a payment of 230.00 to process the transfer, please could you contact them and inform them that we are still waiting for them.'

So 230 to process the transfer?!!

I get the impression I am having my trousers taken down by someone. Is this standard practice? Do I have to grin and bear it or is there a work around?

Any advice much appreciated!
30/10/2014 18:13

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband