following up a section 21/accelerated possession order with small claims for rent arrears

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears following up a section 21/accelerated possession order with small claims for rent arrears
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Hello.
I am seeking accelerated possession of a property from a tenant and am waiting to hear from the court to identify the possession date. The tenant has put in a defence to extend the possession date but we should soon at least have a date.
The tenant is also in growing rent arrears and is not paying rent during this court process.
My question is this: once we have a date for possession, am I then able to pursue the tenant through the small claims court to collect the 4 months' rent arrears?
My concern is that if I leave it until the tenant leaves to pursue the rent arrears, I won't have a forwarding address with which to direct the court documentation.
The issue that I am unsure about is whether the County Court will allow me to pursue the rent arrears, whilst the tenant is under instruction to vacate the property, from a separate court process.
Thanks
06/11/2014 16:14

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband