Leaking Roof (AFTER repairs carried out) - Tenant's Possessions Damaged

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance Leaking Roof (AFTER repairs carried out) - Tenant's Possessions Damaged
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Trina
37 Posts
5 Thanks
Hello

Keen to get some advice on this painful situation. Im the landlord for the top floor flat of a Georgian terrace house. The roof was leaking and repaired over a month ago (invoice still not received / works not paid for yet).

The insurers wanted to check the damp levels before releasing funds for the interior to be redecorated and the tenant emailed me today, as follows:

Just to let you know, the person from your insurance agency came to look at the flat today. I'm afraid it doesn't look like good news, she found a very wet (wet to the touch) patch in our bedroom which we didn't realise was there as it is behind where we have some clothes hanging. We had some boxes stacked in front of it which have all gone mouldy which is annoying! There were some other still wet patches too. I am sure you will get a full report from your insurance agency soon.

Im absolutely gutted and dont know what to do any advice out there?

Cheers.
25/11/2014 03:59

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband