tennant claiming for moth damage

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion tennant claiming for moth damage
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
molly2003
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi

I am currently looking at a bill from a tenant for 3000+ for apparent damage to clothes due to a moth infestation . The situation was she noticed grubs upon her arrival (new tenant) and notiifed me I arranged for pest control to come and treat the room within 48 hours of notification . I also offered to pay for for the remedial cleaning / moth balls / dry cleaning bill of approx 100 that she already spent which she agreed to . The pest control guys thought the infestation was mild but nonetheless dealt with it accordingly with 2 visits at the cost of 180 to me . My previous tenant in the room had also had a moth issue which he dealt with himself and told me it was resolved some 5-6months before the current issue and there ws no further indictaion that they had returned when I had the room decorated between tenants .
Where do I stand with this ? Any ideas ? experiances ?
01/12/2014 13:42

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband