how to tame a tenant who expects hotel level of service

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance how to tame a tenant who expects hotel level of service
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
nice guy
241 Posts
27 Thanks
One of my best houses in great condition has a tenant driving me mad with continuous text messages. We are half way through a 2 yr tenancy and she must have sent half a dozen messages per month. Some of her complaints are silly such as spiders coming through a well sealed door. She has broken not one but 2 wc cisterns. Last week I spent 2 hours helping her reset the boiler roomstat simply by me reading the instructions she had not bothered to read. Put simply I am spending more time on this property than 13 others put together.

My first thought is to tell her I will not look at her text messages until the next day. Can I simply say my next maintenance inspection will be in 3 months and not respond until then?

I don't really want to get rid of her because the house is in a hard to rent area and she pays. Plus we are in the fixed term. I just want to find a way of communicating a reasonable expection of landlord service to a naive and inexperienced young woman.
10/12/2014 10:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband