Temporary Accommodation Relocation

You are here : Member Forums Other Temporary Accommodation Relocation
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mookie
19 Posts
0 Thanks
Dear Sir,
I have 5 tenants (2 couples, one single) living in a flat, where the head lessor is a housing trust. There are some substantial works needed to be done to the building which will take approx 8-10 weeks, so my tenants have to move out. The Housing Association tried to find them alternative accommodation, but nothing was suitable. In the end, the single guy is going to move on, but the other tenants would like to move into one of my other flats, which will be vacant, until the works are finished on the first flat. So all would seem to work out quite well.
The problem I have though is that the 2nd flat is of a different standard to the 1st and the rent is approx 371 pm more than what the 2 couples were paying in the 1st flat. I don't mind losing this money over say a couple of months, but the idea occurred to me that without something in writing from the tenants that they WILL move out of the 2nd flat once the works are finished to the 1st, they could stay there forever!
Is there some sort of standard document or perhaps a bespoke agreement that I could use just to protect myself from that possibility?
Thanks in advance for your help!
12/12/2014 12:45

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband