failure to pay rent

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears failure to pay rent
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
1 Thanks
I have an HMO in Bangor, North Wales that has several students living in since Sept. I have an agent running it and they have the HMO licence. One tenant who rents a double room with her boyfriend started in mid Sept and paid two months rent in advance. The agent and myself neglected to remind her that the Oct rent was due in mid-Oct and it was mid-Nov when we requested the rent be paid. She said that she had no money but her and her boyfriend were both trying to get a job. When I chased in early Dec to see when I could expect to get the outstanding rent I was told that they both had got a job, but I would need to wait until they got paid in another 3 weeks and that I would get paid. That is coming up in the next week so my question is what should I do without looking as though I am harassing them and what should I be doing to make sure that I am following a process that may help me in future if they fail to pay
This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
15/12/2014 18:53

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband