Agents claiming no records on tenant let and deposit

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Agents claiming no records on tenant let and deposit
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
Teresa Cooper
37 Posts
6 Thanks
Hi,
I have a tenant who is on a periodic tenancy. The original agents, who are still in business, put their deposit into their TDS. Having done some checking re all the new rules and regs relating to deposits I checked with their TDS and unbeknown to me the agent cancelled the registration of the deposit when I took the account away from them through problems I was having with them. I have been trying to find out from them, over the last 2 weeks, what happened to the deposit as checking my records it was not sent back to me or the tenants. The agents are telling me they have no record of my flat being rented with them even though I have all the paperwork relating to said tenancy including the TDS certificate. Clearly this needs to be sorted, any advice. My tenants are still in the property. Should I get the tenants involved? Am I responsible for the deposit should the tenants want to leave or the agents?
Thank you.
23/12/2014 09:32

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband