Tenant not signing end of occupation end certificate/inventory

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Tenant not signing end of occupation end certificate/inventory
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
H
Housetorent
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi, I would like some advice - I recently had a tenant move out of the property that I rent. I completed a check of all rooms against the original inventory and listed all the faults i.e. toilet seat missing, damaged power cable to lawnmower which had been disguised with red tape and was potentially dangerous, boiler being over pressurised by tenant, garden left untidy, marks to walls etc. Also I asked for proof of final bills for council tax, water, gas, electric and phone - the tenant would not provide these or sign the end of occupation/inventory document. Please could you advise my next step does the tenant need to be e-mailed again requesting the missing information and items damaged etc. The tenant has given a forwarding address for mail but would not advise me of where she was going to live - which means my main contact with her is via - email.

Also the Deposit is with the DPS but needs to be used to cover the damage to the above issues. Can you please advise the next step with the DPS. Thanks
01/01/2015 15:01

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband