Article 4

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Article 4
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
Timbo
1 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a terraced house in Western Rd. Crookes, Sheffield, bought in 1996. Every year since, we have had 4 students renting, with no gaps.
However, Sept. 2009 we took a family, (husband (student at Sheffield University) & wife + child) then legislation was rushed through in Feb.2009 before Labour lost the election, concerning planning application for letting to 4 students.
The family are still tenants until Jan. 2011 when they will be wanting to renew.
I read your piece about Article 4 in the last issue of your mag. & now need an update on how the present state of the law affects my property.
Do I have to apply for planning permission to go back to 4 students or do I have a 'grace' period until 1/10/11 to apply for the original 4 student status?
If any application is turned down, will I be eligible for compensation & if so, how much?
We may decide to sell the property, so it is important to know where I stand to determine whether I can market the property as being suitable for 4 students .
19/10/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband