Tenant subletting to his sister in law

You are here : Member Forums Other Tenant subletting to his sister in law
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
O
Overworked
3 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a tenant, whose contract expires July 19th 2015, he always pays rent on time but negotiated a reduction in the initial rent as he wanted 2 bedroom flat with the second bedroom being used infrequently for occasional weekend visits from his young daughter, who lives with wife #1. We agreed but now discover that he has sublet the second bedroom to his sister in law of wife #2. The property, which was very nicely decorated and furnished now looks like something a refugee has cobbled together, with plastic bags of clothing, rubbish littered all over, and makeshift additional wooden structures in every room. I have already issued a section 21 for him to vacate on July 19th but am concerned that now that I "know" that another adult, who is not a party to the contract is occupying the property, the s21 will not cover her. I am unsure if I should require her to move out now or to get a solicitor to draw up a document that she will sign stating she will vacate at end of his contract period. At that stage we will have to do a major refurbishment and believe that some, if not all, of the deposit will have to be retained. Any suggestion as to what is best course of action would be appreciated. I prefer a stress free and non confrontational life!!
07/01/2015 23:20

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband