Join the Residential Landlords Association

Section 21 Fail??

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Section 21 Fail??
nola_v
nola_v
6 Posts
0 Thanks

Advice desperately needed!

I rent my property through an agent and this agent has caused me untold problems - too long a story to go into here.

My problem is this: I gave my tenants a Section 21 in April and they were due to vacate on 9th June, tomorrow.
However they have been to the local council's housing advice team and say they are unable to move out. My next step would be an accelerated possession order BUT 1. My agent has 'lost' the most recent tenancy agreement for the period feb18-feb19 (I suspect it never existed in the first place) and 2. Although I insisted on dropping the section 21 at the property myself (as he failed to serve it 2 months previously as requested), I was not informed that the notice is required to be handed to the tenants in person or witnessed as delivered.

So from reading on here, I understand that my tenants would have this as grounds to appeal the notice should I apply for possession by the court?

I don't know what to do next!

08/06/2019 17:33

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions