Renewal Fees - new lease, new lease with new letting agent and cancellation fee

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Renewal Fees - new lease, new lease with new letting agent and cancellation fee
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
StressedOut
1 Posts
0 Thanks
I have 3 properties all with the same letting agent. They want to charge me 600 min. per tenant as a cancellation fee if I terminate their services (they are abysmal), AS WELL AS a 600 min. fee to renew the lease on a yearly basis!!!! AND if I terminate my contract with them, pay the cancellation fee of 600 per tenant, move to a different letting agent, they STILL want the 600 lease renewal fee once a year! So I'd be paying double, and they wouldn't be doing anything!!

I have done my research and in the case of OFT v Foxton the Judge says that these renewal terms are unfair under the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, especially if they were not pointed out to you when you signed, as most lay people would not assume there was ongoing fees.

Has anyone else heard of or signed a contract like this?

26/01/2015 13:28

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband