Section 21 / broken window

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Section 21 / broken window
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
Judi
7 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi. I have two questions I hope someone can help. Firstly, I was told that when you take on a new tenant you can issue them with a section 21 at the same time as they move in as a safeguard against problems in the first two months. Is this ok to do?
secondly, we have a tenant who had one of their windows that face the street broken. The said it must have been random violence from a passerby. No other windows on the street have been broken. The tenants had only been in a couple of weeks. A week later the other window was broken. neighbours have heard rumours that the tenants have upset someone. They refuse to replace the glass themselves as they say it will get broken again, even though they are adamant it has nothing to do with them. They have contacted Environmental Health who say we are responsible for replacing glass. Are they right?
28/01/2015 17:02

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband