Electrical regulations BS7671 2008

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Electrical regulations BS7671 2008
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
N
Nigel
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi, my letting agent based in Manchester has informed me that following a visual inspection by an electrician at my property the distribution board does not have full RCD protection on five of the existing circuits. They mentioned that with most properties the work at the time would have complied with the current Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations.

My property was built in 2005 and they said this work is required due to the changes in the 17th Edition of the I.E.E. Wiring Regulations BS 7671 : 2008 and due to the fact that a new tenancy agreement will be established and the landlord has a duty of care to there tenants under the Housing Act of 2006 .

They also state that a full periodic test inspection and certification of the electrical installation is required in the form of a EICR report. Is this a statuary requirement under BS7671 2008 for new tenants moving into a property please.

Thanks
29/01/2015 10:29

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband