Join the Residential Landlords Association

Taking Over Management of Tenancies From Agent

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Taking Over Management of Tenancies From Agent
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Dave319R
Dave319R
2 Posts
0 Thanks

I'm sure this is becoming common due to the current climate.

My letting agents have written to me to say that they are increasing their fees, due to the tenant fee ban, which is costing them money. When I told them that I wasn't happy with the increase, they said they were happy to release me.

I am planning to take over the management of my (two) tenancies myself, so I just need to be clear on a few things first.

Both tenancies were originally six month ASTs, which then became periodic, at the tenants' request. I assume that they would be contractual, rather than statutory.

Apart from taking over the deposits and re-registering them, and requesting inventory photos, etc., what else should I be doing?

Will I need new tenancy agreements, or will the existing agreements carry over? I am obviously named as the landlord on the agreements, with the agents acting on my behalf.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

13/06/2019 16:12

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions