Discovering a tenant is a Class A drug user

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Discovering a tenant is a Class A drug user
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
After recently having a new radiator installed in a tenant's room, my plumber discovered both a new and used hyperdermic needle. I challenged the tenant about it and after saying it belonged to an ill friend, he as good as admitted it was his. There was also a couple of credit cards laying around, suggesting possible cocaine or ketamin use. It was clear that it wasn't on prescription as I confirmed with my doctor that the needle would be different and a sharps box would have been provided.
I told him to get out within three weeks, or I would call the police, hoping to shame him but he rambled on in support of recreational drug use. He is 4 weeks behind on his rent. His room is grubby and he is hardly there and definitely up to something dodgy.
I have registered his deposit with DPS but as he is hardly ever there, he has not returned the signed forms or a signed contract. I notice a clause in his contract saying that the tenant should not carry out illegal activities. His contract times out in March, should I wait another few weeks and try for section 8 possession, or is there another way? Perhaps a section 21 at the same time would be a safeguard.
I have no forwarding address for him, but I do have his car number. Would I be able to trace his future address through this to serve a small claims process to retrieve unpaid rent?
Many thanks
04/02/2015 16:50

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions