Join the Residential Landlords Association

Help removing water meter

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Help removing water meter
Cleo
Cleo
1 Posts
0 Thanks

A short-hold tenant has had a water meter installed in my two bedroom house without my permission. When challenged they claimed to the Estate Agent that I agreed. This was only discovered on checks when they were leaving the property after a tenancy of just over 15 months. Four months before the tenancy started I had contacted the water authority, while the property was unoccupied after a family bereavement, and specifically denied them permission to install a meter and the customer services lady had recorded a note to this effect. The tenants were responsible for all utility and council charges.
Had I been informed at any point I would have requested the removal of the meter immediately. I still want the water meter removed what are my rights?
Can I claim against the water authority for counteracting my instructions? or the tenants for failing to inform me?
Thanks for any advice on how to proceed.

16/06/2019 14:20

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions