Credit checks and referencing tenants + signing the tenancy with distance.

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Credit checks and referencing tenants + signing the tenancy with distance.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
D
Dan_132
7 Posts
0 Thanks
1).
I just received the credit report done by RLA for my prospective tenant. I am interested in taking landlord insurance so I was transferred by RLA to speak to Rentguard. Then I discovered that Rentguard can not recognise the credit checks done by RLA, they wont to do their own credit report and now I have to pay for that again, otherwise I can not get insurance. If I was told that in advance I would have required credit checks straight from Rentguard at the first place. Can you tell me will the credit reports sent to me by RLA be of any use to obtain a Landlord Insurance and how?

2).
Also I'd like to know is the tenancy agreement going to be valid if it's signed without the presence of the two parties. I have a property for renting far from where I live, I've referenced the tenant, I checked the credit report and all I need to know is how to organise signing of the tenancy without the need to travel to the place again. Iíve heard that this is possible but there is a seven days period within which the tenant and/or the landlord can change their mind, but is this period starting from the day when it is signed or from the day when the tenancy starts. I am planning to sign it two weeks or even earlier before the date when the tenant wants to start the tenancy and move in. For example can I sign a contract on the 10th June 08 which will start on the 6th July 2008? Hope you can help me with advice. Many thanks.

09/06/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband